Happy Thanksgiving Canadians. I have so much to be thankful for in my life. One thing I’m Thankful for, is that I’ve never had to make turkey dinner yet (although I’ve been married 10 years). This might just be the year that I break the 33 year old tradition. I do have a full chicken in the freezer, I wonder if anyone would know if I switched the two?
I am, of course, thankful for being a Mother, twice. I’m also thankful I’m not pregnant, cause being pregnant is the pits. It’s not the baby part, it’s the nonstop throwing up/nausea/heartburn. I’m also thankful for my husband for not getting me pregnant… where the heck is this post going? I think I’m going to stop….
On another note, here is a cute little hand and foot print turkey keepsake you can make with your kids.
What you will need:
- construction paper (many colours)
- googly eyes
- small cute hands & feet
How to make it:
- trace a foot onto construction paper and cut out
- trace a hand onto construction paper and cut out (x6 or more)
- trace a cute thumb on red construction paper and cut out
- glue hands in a “fan” onto a piece of construction paper
- glue foot (with the heel at the top) on top of the hands
- glue thumb in lower portion of the heel (so it looks like the “gobble gobble” – technical term, I’m sure of it)
- glue on googly eyes or draw your own
I would like to make these with the girls each year to watch their turkey grow as they get older. A super cute keepsake if you ask me and once again, extremely easy to do. The one above is the baby’s masterpiece. At only 10 months old her turkey is nothing short of adorable. I added her name and age on the back as well.
Happy Thanksgiving Canadians (American’s I’ll catch you in another 6 weeks or so). Phew… I’m really glad I switched direction. You’re Welcome!
What are you thankful for?
Have you cooked a turkey?
DISCLOSURE: not a sponsored post, and even if it was… I would truly want you to have a Thanksgiving, and I am also genuinely curious if you’ve ever cooked a turkey before or am I the only one that hasn’t?