I drink a lot of water for a few reasons, it’s good for you and there’s no added calories. It’s not that I don’t enjoy a flavoured drink, I just don’t like the extra bulge it adds to my waist. I recently had the chance to try SodaStream, it’s the in home fizzy drink maker. I had heard a lot of “buzz” surrounding the SodaStream and had tried a small sample in the summer and didn’t care for it much – but there’s a reason for that (keep reading).
Here’s how it works: Fill the SodaStream bottle with water, twist onto the SodaStream machine, press the C02 button till is buzzes at you, add flavour and you’ve got yourself a carbonated drink – in all kinds of different flavours. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy! (Or Orange Squeezy depending on the flavour used).
Here’s what I love:
- Making the drinks is super easy and the main ingredient is water straight from your tap! The calorie content of the SodaStream is less than 1/2 of any other juice or carbonated drinks. For Example, in a SodaStream Cola there is 35 calories for 250 mls vs 97 calories of the “real thing”. Juices are also only 35 calories for 250 mls. There are usually over 100 calories in a cup of juice.
- There are also a lot of different choices for the SodaStream, there are over 30 flavours varying from grapefruit to ginger ale. My favourite so far is cranberry raspberry – sooo yummy!
- There is no bottles to throw away. The SodaStream is actually environmentally friendly. With a reusable water bottle it means no plastic bottle to throw out over and over again.
- There are no cords! Think of all the appliances you have on your counter top. Since the SodaStream is powered by a C02 bottle, it doesn’t require power. It’s slim and can easily be packed away (but we just keep it on the counter because we use it everyday).
Here’s what I don’t love:
- The diet drinks! The diet drinks are way too sweet (even for me and I have a sweet tooth). Perhaps I could use less flavouring, but it’s not the flavour that’s the issue, it’s the sweetness. In the summer I tried a diet iced tea and found it way too sweet! They do however have 2 or 3 calories.
- The bottle is only 1L, and our family can easily go through a bottle of carbonated drink in a sitting. We are honestly loving the SodaStream so much we are going through a pack or two a day. It’s fun to make, taste great (other than diet) and are low in calories …. oh yea, I forgot I’m suppose to be talking about the things I don’t like! Well, there’s nothing else – seriously.
- 1 lucky Canadian reader is going to receive a SodaStream
- Complete the Rafflecopter form