Sandals are a must have for everyone while visiting south. It’s nearly impossible to find a cute pair of baby sandals, so I went online because I knew they only way baby would get a pair of cute sandals is if I made them myself. I pulled out my crochet hook and started making a pair of footless crochet sandals. The best thing about these sandals, they WILL stay on baby feet because it’s tied to their toe, this pattern is a no-brainer.
Here they are (and I think they are adorable… but it’s hopeless to take a decent picture, her feet are constantly wiggling)
I made a few adjustments to a few different patterns. Here’s what I did to make these work…
This is for a baby 0 – 3 months
Hook: Size F (3.75)
- Chain 8 to make a Circle (this will go around the toe)
- Round 1: Make 2 Single Crochet into the circle, chain 2, turn
- Round 2: Double Crochet in first stitch, 2 double crochet in last stitch (4 stitches total), Chain 2, Turn
- Round 3: Double Crochet in first stitch, double crochet in the next 2 stitches, 2 double crochet in last stitch
- Chain 15 and fasten off (Strap)
- Chain 15 on other corner (Strap)
I then attached a button in the center. The flowers have a center big enough that they can be exchanged as wanted.
So now, baby has a pair of sandals for our vacation as well.
I also made a pair for my 4 year old daughter. The Circle was chain 10, there are 6 rows and I chained 20 for the straps.
**Disclaimer: I didn’t think of these sandals by myself, but I did come up with a pattern that seemed to fit my 2 month old the best – it wasn’t rocket science. If you want to use this pattern, just please send a link back.