It’s already December 18th, Christmas will be here in 1 week – eekkk! I’ve been entertaining family the past few nights and have 1 more engagement planned before we head “south” for Christmas (my family lives in the most southern county in Nova Scotia… don’t get too excited).
I was surfing the Chicken.ca website for an easy dish that would still fit my “fancy” taste while entertaining, and I came across this little gem, Chicken and Brie Crostini. This is actually suppose to be an appetizer, but there is an alternative recipe to also make it as a main course (just put it on bigger bread).
Here’s the Recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, multigrain
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- brie cheese, extra creamy
- 2 cups arugula (rocket), washed and dried
- tart fruit preserve, such as lingonberry, blackcurrent or cranberry (or mango chutney)
- thyme, fresh, for garnish
This was EASY – SUPER EASY to make, the hardest part of the entire dish was finding the ingredients at the grocery store. Rather than using a baguette, I used a French brad making each individual serving bigger than the intended appetizer (brilliant, but I can’t take credit for it).
Everyone loved these, I had made a few extra and those were all snatched up quickly as well. I have to say it made me feel good to get all the compliments over supper (it doesn’t happen too often). With company coming over later this week, I think this is what I’m going to make. It nearly seems like a gourmet with out the fuss – how often does dinner include chutney, brie and arugula? I’m all about easy, and I love it even more when it’s easy and delicious.
I’m sure you are all going to have company drop over and be spending time with loved ones. If you are looking for some more chicken recipes, here are a few more I’m hoping to try out myself.
- Chicken Divan Omelette Roll
- Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew
- Chicken, Wild Rice & Mushroom Phyllo Pie
- 1 lucky Canadian reader is going to receive a a silicone oven mitt and a stainless steel thermos.