What do your dishes look like after they’ve been put through the dishwasher? Do they get really clean? White filmy stuff left on them? Forks and knives with crud left behind? Do you wash BEFORE you wash? As a Finish Blogger, I had the chance to get the inside scoop from the Finish’s dishwasher technician trainer, Diane to get to the bottom of all our dishwasher woes.
My question would be: “How can I get the dishes to wash themselves and put themselves away”….
But looking for serious questions, I turned to my readers and received the following, more appropriate question: “Why is it my new LG leaves white filmy stains… and yes, the jetdry is full”
I sent this question forward, and this is the answer I received:
Types of Glass Corrosion (Etching) – Caused by soft Water
- How do you know if you have corrosion? Do the vinegar test:
- Rub white vinegar on glass with a soft tissue and cloudiness goes away it’s hard water build up.
- Using a good detergent will help.
- If vinegar comes back, it’s soft water etching (permanent).
- Partial corrosion: damaged in production of glass, flame too high when attaching stem, same with Line corrosion – damage in the mould.
- Iridescent: rainbow-type look, cheaper/lower grade of sand used to produce glassware.
I also received questions such as: “Would anyone like to do my dishes this week” and I can be pretty sure the answer is, only if you want to do mine.
If you’re having problems getting your dishes clean, here are some Tips from Diane:
- Check your temperature – the water should be at least 120 degrees
- Load it properly – make sure each dish will have a clear path to the water spraying around
- Use a quality product – powered detergents are activated by water. Under the sink is damp and your detergent could already have used it’s magic before it ends up in the dishwasher.
- 80% of dishwasher repair calls are false alarms – check these simple things before you call a techie.
- 1 lucky winner is going to receive 2 boxes of Finish
- Complete the Rafflecopter form below
**Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.