My husband is a techy! While it’s great to have all the latest and greatest gizmos and gadgets, it also means we HAVE to get all the latest and greats gizmos and gadgets.
A few years ago, Netflix was all the rage in the US. Hubster drooled over all the lucky Americans who were able to catch their favourite programs with the click of a mouse. A few years later (like all things) Netflix was finally available for Canadians. Mr. Technology was pumped. But, his first reaction was disappointment. With very few shows or movies available for the Canadian market, Netflix wasn’t as exciting as he hoped it would be.
Fast forward to the present day. Netflix has had some time to fill thier playlist and on demand movies and shows. It seems as though they have filled the selections right to the brim from old classics to relatively new releases. There is even a kids section with ALL the latest and greatest selection of shows. Needless to say, when I had the chance to review Netflix, hubster was extremely excited to finally get it into our home.
I wasn’t exactly sure how Netflix worked (why do I need to know all the behind the scenes tech stuff when I have a husband that’s a pro at it?), but once it was all installed and ready to go, I was confused as to why we couldn’t watch it on our main television. It was at this point I received a technology lesson. So, if we were going to use Netflix, it had to be one one of our computers or on the tv connected to the playstation 3. I suppose the option existed to bring the PS3 onto the main floor, but though it was better off remaining in the man cave. The good news is, hubby is looking for a WD TV Live Media Streamer for our main living area – they just seem to be sold out in the city right now, Netflix must be very popular. At less than $10/month for unlimited viewing I can see why.
Hubster and Princess are enjoying Netflix, she likes the cartoons and he’s into the movies. But Mom’s this can be for you too. We all know how much time we have to enjoy a movie or TV shows (not a whole lot). But when I do have a few minutes to myself, I want to be able to watch what I want to what when I want to watch it. And that is exactly what NetFlix does. So, with Mother’s Day around the corner, ladies, this is the gift that keeps on giving year round (My favourite kind of Mother’s Day gifts).
Want to check it out for yourself? They currently have a one month free trial.
- 1 lucky reader is going to win a 6 month subscription to NetFlix
- Make a comment below about how much time you get to yourself, what movie/show would you like to be able to watch whenever you want to?
- Follow My Wee View and Netflix on Twitter and ReTweet this link (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like NetFlix on Facebook
- Like My Wee View on Facebook (and if you want to, suggest it to your friends)
- Share this giveaway link on Facebook
- Make a comment on a non giveaway post (2 bonus entries)
- Subscribe to My Wee View through email
- Subscribe to My Wee View through feed
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post
- Follow My Wee View on Google+
Giveaway is open to Canadian addresses. Closes May 14th @ 11:59pm PST.