Hungry, Hungry Hippos by Hasbro is a game that I remember smashing around as a young child. Banging away as hard as I could on the hippos back to get them to eat little marbles was hours of endless fun – it was loud, a little obnoxious, but completely necessary to win the game (most of the time).
Playing games as a parent is different than playing games as a kid, but when we received Hungry, Hungry Hippos for review, my husband, myself and DD were all playing like we were kids. It was loud, a little obnoxious, but completely necessary.
To my surprise, there are actual “rules” to Hungry, Hungry Hippos. I always remember just putting all the marbles on the board and “given’ ‘er”, but it turns out that each person is suppose to release one marble at a time and then everyone tries to get the marble with their hippo. We started playing the game this way, but as soon as all the marbles are gobbled up, it was “game on”. All the marbles in the middle and each hippo for themselves. We went wild and we had F-U-N! Lots of laughing, lots of noise, and lots of fun times together.
Needless to say, we all enjoyed playing this game together. We keep it out in the living room at all times ready to play, partly because it no longer fits in the box, and also because we like to play it so much. Sometimes we play soft, other times we give it all we got.
I know family game night is suppose to be Thursday, but we play this any day of the week! The game is suppose to be for kids ages 3+, but I’d say by 2.5 your kids will get the concept, bang on the Hippos back and eat the marbles, once the marbles are gone, put more on the game board and do it all over again. It’s simple and it’s fun for everyone.
As long as you are ok with a little bit of noise (and if you have kids in the first place, you should be ok with a little bit of noise), then Hungry, Hungry Hippos will be a hit! It sure is for us.
- 1 lucky reader is going to receive the Hungry Hungry Hippos game
- Visit Hasbro and make a comment back here about another product on their site that you like (and let me know if you played this as a kid)
- Follow My Wee View on Twitter, and ReTweet this giveaway – Hungry Hungry Hippo Game #Giveaway http://bit.ly/jUbmUW Have a family game night @myweeview (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like My Wee View on Facebook
- Grab my button
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RSS Feed or email
- Make a comment on a NON giveaway post
Giveaway closes June 3rd @ 11:59 pm PST. Open to Canada