If you watch Playhouse Disney, there is no doubt that you know on May 6th, it’s changing it’s name to Disney Junior. The new name also brings along a few new shows, one such show includes the highly anticipated Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
With a name like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, I’m sure you are all thinking – Boy Show! Well, you are partially right, but my little DD (who happens to be a bit of a princess / tom boy (is that even possible) really likes “Jake and the Never Pirates”. We’ve had the opportunity to review a number of episodes, which are very loosely based on Peter Pan (with Hook and his side kick Mr. Smee). There are 3 main characters in this show, one just happens to be a girl named Izzy, she has some magic pixie dust that she was given from her fairy friends (Tink).
This show is somewhat interactive, getting the kids involved with treasure maps and other mini adventures. It’s been a while since I have seen the original Peter Pan, and if I remember correctly, it was kind of scary and there was some violence. I can say that Jake and the Neverland Pirates is an extremely toned down version of the movie, and should be fine for toddlers. My mother recently said “DD has been asking for ‘Jake and the Never Pirates’ do you let her watch that?”. I assured her that it was a safe show for little ones.
Enjoy Jake and the Neverland Pirates and the other new Disney Junior shows on May 6th.
To celebrate Disney Junior, I have a special giveaway!
- 1 lucky reader is going to receive a family pass to see Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2 adult and 2 child passes)
- Visit The brand new Disney Junior site and let me know about something you saw on their site
- Follow My Wee View on Twitter, and ReTweet this giveaway – Win a family pass (4 tickets) to Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean to Celebrate Disney Junior @myweeview http://bit.ly/iwupXM (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like My Wee View on Facebook
- Grab my button
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RRS Feed or email
- Make a comment on a NON giveaway post
Giveaway closes May 27th @ 11:59 pm PST. Open to Canada