How is it even possible that winter is still in full force? Oh yea – it’s only March and I live in Canada – that MIGHT have something to do with it. Actually, these last few days have been absolutely bone chilling at – 18 with the wind. Lucky, I have a brand new ultra light down filled jacket by Hi-Tec that I have been testing out, and although my legs are still chilly with the wind pounding them, my arms and body are not!
For review, I received the Sundance Peak Parka in black. This jacket truly is extra light – deceivingly light, but also deceivingly warm as well – which is what you want. I was so surprised at how thin the jacket was, but pleased with how warm it kept me in this frigid weather (if you want, you can substitute any other “f word” in there – not THAT f word, I was thinking freezing or frosty 😉 )
The jacket is made with baby down feathers. I use a feather pillow every night, and have finally found one that doesn’t dig into my face. Feathers generally have very large and hard inferior umbilicus’ (the very tip that is dipped into ink for writing – yes I had to Google that word), which can poke through material. These generally hurt and are scratchy. The feathers in the Sundance peak Parka are so tiny and soft that there is absolutely no inferior umbilicus that have hurt my skin. They have poked their way through the jacket in a few places, but I have not been able to feel them at all. They have just made me warm and keep my jacket looking a little puffy.
Despite the name, the jacket does not have a parka (hood) at all. I was a little disappointed because I find when my head is warm, my whole body is warm. The good news is that this jacket still kept my body warm despite my head being exposed to the elements. My legs on the other hand, were wishing that they had the Hi-Tec down ski pants (wonder if they make such a thing?)
The Sundance Peak Parka is a sleek looking jacket, has mini cuffs to keep your mitts tight, 2 zipper pockets and a draw string around the bottom to keep any cold air from making its way up onto your torso. I’m very glad that I have this coat for the rest of the winter, I just hope that I won’t have to put it on too much longer and that spring will get here quickly – although I’m sure this will still be great to wear for those unpredictable spring days as well.
- 1 lucky reader is going to receive a Sundance Peak Parka
- Visit Hi-Tec and make a comment back here about something else that you like on their website
- Follow My Wee View and HiTecCanada on Twitter, and ReTweet this giveaway – Ladies down filled Hi-Tec Sundance Peak Parka #giveaway, @myweeview @HiTecCanada Open to US and Can http://bit.ly/hqpezb (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like Hi-Tec Canada on Facebook
- Like My Wee View on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post
- Grab my button
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RSS Feed or email
- Make a comment on a NON giveaway post
Giveaway closes March 11th @ 11:59 pm PST. Open to Canada and US