I am so thankful for crafts! DD is a very busy, non-stop, go go go, kind of girl, but she does like to settle down once in a while to paint, draw and colour. However, it seems “craft time” involves her watching me paint, draw and colour. She will help once in a while, but generally, it’s the adult doing all the work and DD watches intently. I figure since she is quiet and sitting nicely that it’s a welcome break to the chaos that tends to take place in our home (ok, it’s not THAT bad, but someday’s, it really is).
GummyLump – one of my favourite online stores, has a new incentive for 2011, it’s 300 days of crafts for kids. These are simple and easy crafts for kids to take on -everything from painting to pipe cleaners, there are plenty of easy to do crafts for kids of all ages.
To get into the crafting mood, GummyLump sent us some kids art supplies to help
us me get creative. I received paints, brushes stamps, paper, ink, stencils and all things that are simple for an overzealous 2.5 year old girl and her Mom. One thing that DD really does like doing (with my help) is painting. We received some marvelous paint and large paper for the both of us to make some masterpieces. I’m pretty sure you won’t ever see any of these in the Smithsonian, but they do end up on our fridge for everyone to admire.
All these supplies that we received were by Melissa & Doug – (I am absolutely in love with this company), and are all very reasonably priced and right now are on sale at GummyLump as well – making the crafting supplies even more affordable. My favourite was the complete the picture paper. Each page has a background picture and it is easy to complete the picture with stamps, paint or markers. It’s hard to come up with ideas of things to draw, but with the background already set out, it makes it easy to come up with ideas.
Although I do most of the crafting when DD wants to draw and paint, I really enjoy this time with her. She is a rough girl and her and my husband tend to roll around the floor and play pretty rough – way too rough for me. So, when she wants to settle down and play gentle, I enjoy spending the quiet quality time with her. Although I am not much of a crafter, I do enjoy trying. I hope that as she gets older she will enjoy these activities and we continue to do more and more things together. In the meantime I am getting lots of practice drawing and I can now draw one heck of a mean rainbow!
- One lucky reader is going to receive a large Melissa & Doug Art Supplies, including:
- Pet Stamper Set by Melissa and Doug
- Palm Stamper Set Pink by Melissa and Doug
- Large Paintbrush set
- Deluxe Poster Paint Set by Melissa & Doug
- Artists Smock by Melissa & Doug
- Fashion Stencil Set by Melissa and Doug
- Complete the Picture Pad by Melissa & Doug
- Finger Paint Paper (12″ x 18″) by Melissa & Doug
- Visit GummyLump – and make a comment back here about something else you would like
- Follow My Wee View and on Twitter, and ReTweet this giveaway – GummyLump – Melissa & Doug HUGE Art Supply #giveaway @myweeview http://bit.ly/ftcHGo (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like GummyLump on Facebook (you’ll get a coupon code too)
- Like My Wee View on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post
- Grab my button
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RSS Feed or email
- Make a comment on a NON giveaway post
Giveaway closes February 25th @ 11:59 pm PST. Open to Canada and US (To spread the GummyLump love, winners must not have won a GummyLump giveaway in the last 90 days)