I love that all these classic Disney movies are now coming out on Blu-ray, the newest one to hit the shelf on February 1st is Alice in Wonderland. This is a classic movie that I remember enjoying as a young girl (despite it being first released before my parents were born).
Here’s a Synopsis:
ALICE IN WONDERLAND is a story about a young girl who grows bored listening to her older sister read aloud from a history book about William I of England. While dozing off, she dreams about falling down a rabbit hole (“Wonderland”) that is populated by a peculiar series of misadventures. The always sensible Alice whirls through a world of contradictions, imagination and surprises where she encounters amazing creatures – including a pocket watch-toting White Rabbit, the imperious Queen of Hearts and her army of playing cards, a Cheshire Cat with a lingering smile in an unforgettable fantasy, and the off-kilter Madhatter – and tests her sensibility and courage. In the end it’s all a dream, she is awakened by her sister’s voice, and as the two of them return home for teatime where she realizes that perhaps logic and reason exist for purpose. And in return, her sister realizes affectionatelythat Alice is still young, but will grow-up in time.
I really love this movie! It’s very funny and so odd that it keeps your guessing the whole time. There are very few very scary parts in this movie, perhaps the Queen yelling “Off with their head” isn’t appropriate for a 2 year old. But overall, it’s not a dark movie. Perhaps it will give your kids a bit of anxiety as Alice makes her way through all the mazes, but there is plenty of fun and silliness along the journey. I absolutely love the “do-do” flamingos, I could watch them over and over while Alice and the Queen play the ever important game of croquet and mess things up for Alice.
I recently watched the new Tim Burton version of Alice and Wonderland, and I found it to be way too odd, dark and strayed too far from the original for me. I like the classic Disney cartoon version. It’s fun, silly and very creative!
- 1 lucky reader is going to receive a copy of Alice in Wonderland 60th Anniversary edition on Blu-Ray and DVD
- Make a comment below about your favourite Alice Character
- Follow My Wee View and on Twitter, and ReTweet this giveaway – Alice in Wonderland: 60th Anniversary on BLU-RAY #giveaway @myweeview http://bit.ly/f0qZ30 (you can tweet this once a day for extra entries)
- Like My Wee View on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back to my site
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RSS Feed or email
- Make a comment on a NON giveaway post (or on my Facebook page)
Giveaway closes February 4th @ 11:59 pm PST. Open to Canada and US