I finally received the answer to a question I had since I was a little girl. I remember reading Curious George and the Man with the Yellow Hat as a youngin and always wondered what the Man with the Yellow Hat’s name is. Today, I finally received the answer. I regularly watch Curious George on TV with my daughter, and have never heard Ted’s name used before. I guess it was first released in 2006, and I am just finding out today. Better late than never. So where did I get my info from? The brand new Curious George movie out on DVD March 2nd called Follow that Monkey.
Here is a Synopsis:
The world’s most beloved and inquisitive monkey is back in Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey, the fun-filled sequel to the hit animated movie. Join Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat as they set out on a madcap cross-country adventure to reunite Kayla, a homesick elephant, with her family. This unlikely trio faces all types of comic calamities and colorful characters and in the end, learn that with family, friends and determination, you can achieve anything. Featuring the voices of Tim Curry, Matt Lauer, Jamie Kennedy and Jerry Lewis, Curious George 2: Follow That Monkey, “proves that family, friends – and curiosity – are number one.” (Francine Brokaw, Los Angeles Family Magazine)
- Two Never Before Seen Bonus Shows from the all-new TV season! See the premiere episode 6 months before it airs!
- Curious George’s Cross Country Caper Game – It’s more fun than a barrel of you-know-what when George and Kayla go on the run with security specialist Marcus Wolfe hot on their trail! Exciting puzzles lead the way from New York to California so Kayla can visit her brother and sister. But be careful—a wrong answer could bring the Wolfe right to their door!
- Hold On, Here We Go – Exclusive Music Video
- Coloring Pages and Wallpapers
At only 18 months old, my daughter is mesmerized by Curious George, and it’s entertaining for the adults too. This movie is a little different from the TV show. It doesn’t have the same theme song, and there is no narrator, but George is just as silly and funny as on television. The movie also has a number of songs, another thing that is not common in the TV series. I like that this movie also keeps adults in mind with some of the little jokes. For example, when trying to call the theater, it’s nearly impossible to reach an actual person and one of the options to speak to a representative is Klingon – a joke the kids probably would not get, but the adults are sure to. Overall, a really fun movie that the whole family will enjoy.
Curious George is a classic, I grew up with him, and am really happy that my daughter will get to know him too.
Giveaway: One lucky reader is going to win:
- Curious George 2: Follow that Monkey on DVD
- Curious George 2: Follow that Monkey Soundtrack
- Follow That Monkey puzzle
- Curious George Mask
- 2 free kids Amtrack tickets (only valid with paid adult ticket) and if the winner is in the US.
To Enter: Make a comment below about something you recently learned
- Follow My Wee View on Twitter , and ReTweet this giveaway RT @myweeview – Curious George 2: Follow that Monkey DVD & Soundtrack & Tickets to the LIVE show #giveaway ENDS MAR 19 http://tiny.cc/88Uxj (you can Tweet this once a day for Extra Entries)
- Become a Fan of My Wee View on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post
- Grab my button
- **Follow My Wee View on Google Friends Connect
- Suscribe to my blog by RRS Feed
- Subscribe to my blog by email (2 Entries)
Giveaway closes March 19th @11:59 pm PST. Open to US & Canada